Fab-U-Less Finds Thrift Store is a place where members of the community can shop for affordable clothing, furniture, electronics and household goods. Here, shoppers will find a wide range of new and gently used merchandise that will complement both their home and wardrobe.
Fab-U-Less Finds works to provide low-cost or free clothing and household goods to lessen the financial strain of individuals.
visit fab-u-less finds
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Friday
Location: 1203 N. 6th St, St. Joseph, MO
Just like any other store, merchandise is added daily to the great selection already found at Fab-U-Less Finds. Promotions such as Senior Citizens Wednesdays, half-off sales, bag sales, and other discounts are featured throughout the month.
The voucher program
- The voucher program allows each household to receive six free items per person within the household four times a year.
- This program has no eligibility requirements or boundaries.
- Additional vouchers given on a case-by-case basis and include incidents such as fire, bed-bug infestation, eviction, seasonal need based on weather, etc.
- Individuals can also earn $6 an hour in credit by volunteering through Fab-U-Less Finds. These credits can be used toward items in the store.
- The Fab-U-Less Finds voucher program served 2,553 people in 2022, providing 11,020 free items at a value of $37,270.
- Fab-U-Less Finds is open to the public and relies on donations for its inventory; all donations are tax deductible.
- Donations can be made anytime during our normal business hours. The store offers pick-ups for donors who cannot deliver.
- Items that are not usable are recycled through the metal yard and a recycling company that takes clothing, shoes, belts, books, and bags. We are as GREEN as we can be.
Without donor help, many individuals would lack the basic items they need to live comfortably on a daily basis. If you would like to donate items to the community or would like to volunteer your services to help those in need, contact Fab-U-Less Finds at the information below.
Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us keep our programs alive.
volunteering & community service
- The store works with several organizations in the area, allowing many individuals to complete required hours, including court-appointed community service; school-required graduation credits; and training for special needs employees.
- Combined volunteer, community service and temp hours included 17 individuals and exceeded 115 hours for 2022.