Soles For Christ is a program sponsored by AFL-CIO Community Services which enables any child in Pre-K (must be 4 years old) through 12th grades, in Andrew, Buchanan, Clinton, DeKalb and Doniphan Counties, to receive a NEW pair of tennis shoes to wear their first day of school. This program started in 2003 and since then 15,580 pairs of shoes have been given to children in need. If your children are in need of a new pair of shoes for school, please see below for information on where and when the distribution will be and instructions for parents/guardians.
PLEASE NOTE: We have added Clinton and DeKalb counties to our distribution area this year. If you know children in those counties who need shoes for school please share this information with them.
PLACE OF DISTRIBUTION
St Joseph Civic Arena
100 N 4th St
DATES/HOURS OF DISTRIBUTION
Tuesday, August 2: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, August 3: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- No appointment necessary (service will be first come/first served)
- No income guidelines to qualify
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Your children must come with you so they can try on shoes
- Only ONE adult will be allowed inside the arena per family
- Masks may be required if COVID cases rise in our area (if masks are required we will make notification of that on this page. You need to check before coming to the distribution or just plan to have a mask with you)
- Bring one form of ID for each child to show their age (school identification, report card, birth certificate, any legal document that proves the child’s birth date)
- Bring one document to prove residency (utility bill, rent/mortgage receipt)
- Preschoolers must be at least 4 years old and must have proof of enrollment in a preschool
HAVE QUESTIONS: Feel free to contact AFL-CIO Community Services at 364-1131.